Debat af tilbehør og andre hardware-emner, som ikke hører ind under de andre fora

Redaktører: AndreasL, Moderatorer

Af Sloth
Jeg har en computer der har displayport som ekstraudgang. Den vil jeg gerne tilsluttet til mit panasonic GT50 engang i mellem.

Men er det muligt at trække 3D igennem et displayport/HDMI kabel?

Og er der noget men skal være opmærksom på. Tænker på HDMI 1.3 kontra 1.4. Har displayport nogen forskellige standard. m.v?

PFT
Af hautopp
Det er muligt at trække 3D gennem et Displayport til HDMI kabel.

Forskellen på 1.3 og 1.4 er at 1.4 har Ethernet inkluderet (returkablet twisted pair i et 1.4-kabel) , hvilket du nok ikke lige har behov for i dette tilfælde...

Resten af specifikationerne er de samme.

Den maksimale overførsel er 1080p 60Hz med 7.1 PCM-lyd.

Da 3D er 2x24Hz = 48Hz Audio-retur virker fint på et 1.3kabel. Der er altså rigelig med båndbredde til rådighed.
Af Snurrerundtlyd
hautopp skrev:Forskellen på 1.3 og 1.4 er at 1.4 har Ethernet inkluderet (returkablet twisted pair i et 1.4-kabel) , hvilket du nok ikke lige har behov for i dette tilfælde...

Resten af specifikationerne er de samme.
Det er ikke helt korrekt det du skriver om at forskellen på HDMI 1.3 og 1.4 er Ethernet.

For det første er det med HDMI 1.4 standarden ikke påkrævet at kabler og apparater understøtter Ethernet. Det er en valgfri feature som blev indført med HDMI 1.4, men man kan sagten understøtte HDMI 1.4 standarden uden at have Ethernet.

Mht. til såkaldte "HDMI 1.4 kabler" er faktisk slet ikke tilladt for producenter at skrive HDMI 1.4 på kabel, pakningen eller i markedsføringen af dem, selv om der desværre stadig er nogen producenter og forhandlere det gør det.
I stedet er HDMI nu delt op i følgende 5 kategorier, med hvert deres officielle logo som ikke nævner HDMI 1.4.
http://www.hdmi.org/manufacturer/hdmi_1 ... cable.aspx
Finding the Right Cable

With the release of the HDMI 1.4 specification, there are now five HDMI cable types to choose from, each designed to meet a particular performance standard. Here is an overview of the HDMI cable types, their capabilities, and how to tell them apart.

To help consumer and clarify cable types further, all HDMI cable products will now be required to be labeled by cable type. Look for these labels when choosing the HDMI cable that is best for your needs.

Billede
Standard HDMI Cable
The Standard HDMI cable is designed to handle most home applications, and is tested to reliably transmit 1080i or 720p video – the HD resolutions that are commonly associated with cable and satellite television, digital broadcast HD, and upscaling DVD players.

Billede
Standard HDMI Cable with Ethernet
This cable type offers the same baseline performance as the Standard HDMI Cable shown above (720p or 1080i video resolution), plus an additional, dedicated data channel, known as the HDMI Ethernet Channel, for device networking. HDMI Ethernet Channel functionality is only available if both linked devices are HDMI Ethernet Channel-enabled.

Billede
Standard Automotive HDMI Cable
Supports up to 720p/1080i (does not support HDMI Ethernet Channel). Since an automotive system may be wired with one or more internal relays that can affect signal strength, the Standard Automotive HDMI Cable needs to send a stronger signal than other cables types, so it is tested to higher performance standards.

Billede
High Speed HDMI Cable
The High Speed HDMI cable is designed and tested to handle video resolutions of 1080p and beyond, including advanced display technologies such as 4K, 3D, and Deep Color. If you are using any of these technologies, or if you are connecting your 1080p display to a 1080p content source, such as a Blu-ray Disc player, this is the recommended cable.

Billede
High Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet
This cable type offers the same baseline performance as the High Speed HDMI Cable shown above (1080p video resolution and beyond), plus an additional, dedicated data channel, known as the HDMI Ethernet Channel, for device networking. HDMI Ethernet Channel functionality is only available if both linked devices are HDMI Ethernet Channel-enabled.
http://www.smarthouse.com.au/Accessorie ... s/D7R7D6U5
HDMI 1.4 Gets Axed

By Mendelson Tiu | Monday | 01/03/2010

In a radical move, the HDMI licensing authority is set to move away from an evolutionary numbering system for its HDMI cables towards only having a Standard or High Speed classification.

The move means that the industry will not see the next generation of 1.4 HDMI cable. Instead, this new cable that includes 3D capability will be marketed as HDMI High Speed cable, according to David Meyer, the CEO of Kordz.

Mr Meyer said, "It is fact that version numbers in HDMI is one of the greatest sources of confusion for the trade and consumers alike, and avoiding such references is the first step towards finally simplifying the technology."

According to HDMI.org, "Adopters may no longer use HDMI version numbers in the labelling, packaging, or promotion of any cable product. This is effective immediately for any references to the HDMI Specification Version 1.4, and adopters have a one-year grace period for removing references to earlier versions of the HDMI specification when describing their cables."

This will result to HDMI cables having five different labels from October 2010: HDMI Standard Speed, HDMI Standard Speed with Ethernet, HDMI High Speed, HDMI High Speed with Ethernet, and HDMI Automotive.

"As has been the case since the introduction of the 1.3 specification back in 2006, Standard Speed is still certified 720p/1080i level, and High Speed is the whole box and dice at 10.2Gbps. Ethernet channel is optional and the new labelling makes it clear for all," said Mr Meyer.

Mr Meyer explained to SmartHouse why we need HDMI High Speed for 3D. "In regards to 3D requirements, it's all simple maths—1080p/60 (2D) is the current Full-HD standard, which uses about 4.45Gbps bandwidth, so the direct equivalent 3D version of this will double to around 8.9Gbps.

"Realistically, however, Blu-ray players will deliver 3D in 1080p/24, which is the format that Panasonic in particular has been pushing for. It is my prediction, however, that as the gaming world starts to seriously adopt 3D, they won't want 24 frames per second, nor will they be entirely satisfied with 720p. They'll want 1080p at frame rates of at least 60Hz, so high quality bona fide High Speed cables will be an absolute must-have," he said.

However, the only real change to HDMI cables is the new optional Ethernet channel.

Mr Meyer said, "This can then be used for 100Mbps Ethernet distribution throughout a supporting AV system, such as for online content to a new display, Internet radio to an AV receiver, or BD Live function on a Blu-ray player without the need for multiple patch cables via an Ethernet switch. Just one Ethernet cable (CAT6) will go from the wall to a central device, then via HDMI to all other connected devices.

"In addition, Ethernet channel (HEC) in HDMI cable to also be used for audio return channel (ARC), giving the ability for an AV receiver to get the sound from a display's in-built TV tuner and pump it through the surround sound, without having to use a separate TOSlink cable, as has been the case until now. This means one HDMI cable from the AV receiver's output to the TV's HDMI input, carrying video from AVR to TV with external sources such as Blu-ray, but switching to audio return when the TV's tuner is being viewed."

In conclusion, Mr Meyer said, "Don't assume that 3D will be properly supported with any cable that will currently support 1080p/60. It will with 3D delivery at 720p/60, 1080i/60 or 1080p/24, but nothing more. For 1080p/60 3D, you'll need true certified High Speed."

Billede
For det andet er indførelsen af valgfrit Ethernet med HDMI 1.4 slet ikke den eneste forskel fra HDMI 1.3 standarden.
ARC (Audio Return Channel) blev også indført som en feature med HDMI 1.4.
Og HDMI 1.4 standarden understøtter højere opløsning (4K × 2K) end 1.3.
"3D Over HDMI" blev også understøttet med indførelsen af HDMI 1.4 standarden.
Der er flere forskelle som man kan læse mere om på følgende sider:
http://hdmi.org/manufacturer/hdmi_1_4
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI#Version_1.4