Til snak, tips og diskussion om kalibrering af TV og monitors.

Redaktører: AndreasL, Moderatorer

Af Proxiz
Hej alle sammen.

Min kæreste og jeg er de heldige ejer af et Samsung LE40M87BD og derfor søger jeg andre med samme TV eller lignende. Jeg vil gerne spørge til jeres picture settings.

Jeg har søgt lidt i øst og vest og fundet lidt forskelligt, men da jeg ikke er den store nørd på det område spørg jeg jer til råds.

I min søgen fandt jeg dog dette:
I've had alot of PM's from people looking for settings for various different types of equipment over RGB Scart, so I'd recommend the guideline values posted below for all equipment over this connection.

For Sky HD/BluRay/HDDVD/HDMI DVD Players over HDMI, I'd recommend the same, but be sure and use Just Scan for HD Content, and 16:9 for SD.

Mode: Movie

Contrast: 75-90

Brightness: 42-50

Sharpness: 0-30

Colour: 40-50

Tint: 50/50

Colour Tone: Warm1/2

Backlight: 1-3 (may need to be higher in some environments)

Size: 16:9

Digital NR: Off

Movie Plus: Off

xvYCC: Off

Detailed Settings

Black Adjust: Off

Dynamic Contrast: Off

Gamma -1/0

Edge Enhancement: Off

Colour Space: Wide

My Colour Control: All 15, except White 15-20

White Balance

It's very difficult to advise settings for this section, but I'm going to attempt it based on my experience so far, so here goes:

R-Offset: 14-17

G-Offset: 10-15

B-Offset: 9-11

R-Gain: 3-7

G-Gain: 10-15

B-Gain: 10-30

Setup

Energy Saving: Off/Low

-------------------------------------------------------------

These values should get you on the road to acheiving a better picture, but still some way off an accurate one, so your only hope of achieving an accurate Picture would be to go for ISF Calibration.

The White Balance settings are next to impossible to set correctly playing it by eye, but you should be able to get an idea of what looks OK and what looks totally Off by staying within the values provided. However, these value recommendations are based on the experience I've had with my set only. Your results could differ greatly going by these because of ambient lighting and possible variation between units.

Setting the Brightness (Black Level) and Contrast (White Level) somewhere near accurate is also very important. Investing in a calibration DVD such as DVE may be worthwhile in an attempt to fine-tune this area. I believe DVD's which carry the THX Logo also provide certain calibration patterns on their discs, which could aid you in this area, so it may be worth investigating.

Normal Colour Tone is what most people will prefer initially, because they will be used to a cooler temperature (nearer 9300k), however, a more accurate picture (nearer 6500k) will be achieved by using Warm1/2 Colour Tone. Most likely Warm 2, but on the 50" version reviewed by HDTVtest, Warm 1 took them closer to 6500k, so it can vary.

Initially when using Warm1/2 Colour Tone, people say the picture is too yellow /red looking. What I'd recommend is, apply settings using Warm1/2 and stick to them for a week, to give yourself time to adapt to the change, then switch back to Normal Tone and you should realise how artificial the colours look compared to how they were in Warm1/2.

Anyway, I hope this post is of help to people looking for settings advice under these categories, as it will save me alot of time replying to each individual PM.

Please Note: I've removed the original settings I posted in April 2007, as I believe you will achieve a more accurate picture with the ones posted now.
Ja det var et lidt længer quote I know.

Han taler om ting jeg ikke er helt inde i, men jeg kan altid prøve hans værdier og se hvordan det der ud på mit TV. Hans setting er i video mode og jeg ville egentlig godt have til de andre også, ser jo ikke kun film hele tiden.

Pt har jeg "kun" en mindre DVD via scart, men snart skulle jeg gerne få en BluRay (Ps3 eller Samsung p1500) hvis det skulle have en indvirkning på settings.

Men i bund og grund vil jeg gerne høre hvilke værdier i bruger.

:) Proxiz